ProSus is a platform for exploring ideas and solutions for a more sustainable future.
It showcases the voices of researchers, thinkers and storytellers, and perspectives that build bridges between science and society, between local and global realities.
Latin for “forward”, ProSus is more than a synthesis of knowledge: it aims at informing, inspiring solutions and igniting conversations on how to address critical sustainability challenges.
An editorially independent, non-profit magazine, ProSus is published twice a year by START International.
ProSus’ very first issue is now online, focusing on disaster risk reduction in Asia.
Flip through the pages, or download the magazine in full or section-by-section using the links below.
- Full download (1.7 MB)
- Table of Content and welcome letter by Cheikh Mbow
- Introduction to the PARR program and interview with Rajib Shaw
- “Earthquake Damage Prediction in Different Earthquake Parameter and Liquefaction Effect for Banda Aceh City, Indonesia” by Ibnu Rusydy
- “An Attempt to Evaluate Economic and Non-Economic Losses & Damages due to Flooding among the Urban Poor Households in Metro Manila” by Justin Charles G. See
- “Establishing a Database Towards Developing a Typhoon Impact Estimation System (TIES) for the Philippines” by Maria Flordeliza P. Del Castillo
- “Risk Communication Strategies: Case of Riverine Communities in Philippine Cities” by Alvidon F. Asis
- “Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation Integration into Development Planning: The Case of Peri-Urban Bandung, Indonesia” by Nurrohman Wijaya
- “Urban-Water Nexus: Risk Based Assessment and Management of Water Quality Relating to Urban Flooding in the Pahang River Basin, Malaysia” by Dr. Lubna Alam
- Snapshots from a fellowship
Questions, comments? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org