The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities – Network (EPIC-N) is a nonprofit association with members all over the world that works to unite the human capital of universities with local governments, and communities, to improve the quality of life and social wealth for all involved.
EPIC-N focuses on the application of The EPIC Model.
The EPIC Model
- Respects Existing administrative structures/individual responsibilities and incentives on all sides
- Creates a genuine Partnership with local governments (or community organizations)
- Intentionally aims at improving community quality of life
- Focuses on Community-identified, -driven, and -evaluated contribution to the community
- Catalyze multi-disciplines and large Numbers (courses, students, hours)
START is partnering with EPIC-N to expand the EPIC approach in Africa and Asia by using START’s networks and experience to strengthen capacities for more robust engagement between universities, local governments and local communities.
Click here to learn more about the EPIC-N approach.