The International Regional Science Meeting: Land Cover/Land Use Changes (LC/LUC) and Impacts on Environment in South/Southeast Asia will take place on May 28-30, 2018, in the Philippines.
The aim of this meeting is to review the availability, potential and limitations of different data sources and methodologies for the monitoring and the study of Land Cover/Land Use Change (LCLUC), and quantification and its impact on the environment.
The meeting presentations will focus on synergies among various approaches and provide recommendations on how to improve the use of earth observations, ground data and modeling techniques for the improved understanding of land use sources and sinks. The meeting will be organized around the following themes:
- LCLUC and impacts on the atmosphere;
- Agriculture and water resources,
- Biomass burning, including land-atmosphere interactions
- Land use in forests and mountain regions
- Land use in coastal zones