The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation awards up to 20 fellowships annually to prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research-based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany.
- First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously, counting back from the end of the application period (1 March 2018);
- Leadership skills demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references;
- Extensive work experience (at least 48 months at the time of application) or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation;
- Scientific publications (for post-doctoral applicants) in peer-reviewed journals according to international standards;
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement; details of the proposal must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application;
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates;
- Two expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility as well as his/her leadership potential.
Deadline for application: March 1, 2018
More information: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/icf.html