The Urban Fellows Programme of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) (UFP) is scholarship-based, nine-month, full-time, residential, interdisciplinary and based at the IIHS, Bengaluru City Campus. It seeks to combine classroom teaching, site-based applied learning, and introduce Fellows to diverse forms of urban practice through a choice of independent projects; work in live IIHS projects; or external internships. The Programme is open to recent graduates and young professionals from varied educational backgrounds or practice domains.
Through the UFP, Fellows will:
- Understand issues of urbanisation in India and the Global South from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn from practice as young professionals seeking to enter the urban sector.
- Develop skills necessary to analyse, understand, and identify key urban issues in India.
- Build a foundation to design interdisciplinary urban interventions.
- Network with diverse global, national, and local thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and change makers.
- Learn from a diverse and experienced faculty who bring together theory and practice.
Admissions and submission deadlines – 24th April, 2023
More information can be found at: https://urbanfellows.iihs.co.in/about/