The Finance consultant will serve as the lead on day to day financial issues including payroll, the annual audit, and general process development. This is a remote position with preference for applicants who can be available for in‑person meetings in Boulder, CO, or Washington, DC. This position will work closely with our Administrative Assistant and Director of Programs who also manages certain benefits and human resources components.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
● Review monthly close with outsourced accounting team
● Manage annual audit
● Update grant program budgets monthly
● Ensure timely payment of bills with Administrative Assistant
● Process payroll twice monthly
● Prepare regular financial reports for board and staff as needed including cash flow forecasts, unrestricted net assets reports and grant budget projections
● Prepare budgets for proposals as needed with Director of Programs
● Prepare budgets and financial reports for funders
● Participate in regular (biweekly 1 hour) meetings with senior team
● Manage subaward process including review of audited financials, SAM researching and working with program staff to monitor and approve budgets and financial reports.
● Be available for questions and other tasks as needed
It is anticipated that ongoing monthly activities would average 25 hours per month during non‑audit periods and up to 40 hours during audit months.
● At least 7 years of experience in nonprofit finance and operations
● MBA preferred
● Excellent time management and finance communication skills
● Ability to work independently and remotely
● Attention to detail and problem solving
● Strong organizational skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across cultures
● Proficiency in office programs (Excel, Word, etc)
Please submit a cover letter including retainer rates with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until February 22, 2019.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position will be paid on a monthly retainer rate as a 1099 contractor. This position does not include benefits. Pay commensurate with experience.