Adaptation Futures 2018 , the world’s premiere international climate change adaptation conference, takes place June 18-21, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Adaptation Futures 2018 aims to progress discussion and learning within the adaptation community on how to move from problem diagnosis to successful implementation. Adaptation Futures is committed to producing rich, interactive sessions that engage diverse participants and align with the conference themes.
The Call for Special Sessions is now open. We invite you submit a proposal to organise a special session at the conference. As the session organiser, you define the topic and format of the special session.
CALL FOR SESSIONS
- The Science, Policy and Practice Review Panel will review the session proposals.
- The conference SteerCom will make the final decision.
ADAPTATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Our main criteria for selection will be quality, relevance and diversity and inclusivity. We particularly welcome sessions that:
- Facilitate dialogue between research and government, civil society, international agencies and business
- Contribute to a diverse and balanced programme that focuses on solutions and innovations
- Link adaptation action to sustainable development, investment and planning
- Contribute to a programme with a wide range of topics, stakeholders, scales and regions.
- Use stimulating session formats with plenty of opportunity for audience interaction.
- Showcase examples of research or new practices that are internationally applicable.
- Involve a partner organisation from a different region.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
By submitting a proposal, the session team agrees that:
- Abstracts, presentations, photos and/ or videos may be published on the conference website and other communications materials.
- The Local Organising Committee will decide on the date and time for the selected sessions. (Preferences for dates can be given but are not guaranteed).
- The SteerCom may ask session organisers to merge their proposed session with another session, or to include additional contributors or change the session format.
- The responsibility for covering the costs associated with registration, travel and accommodation of the session team lies with the organising institution.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE SUBMISSION FORM
You will need to
- Specify the session organiser, chair and rapporteur and any other key team members.
- Select a conference theme
- Select a session format
- Provide a summary of the proposed session (max 500 words) including how it will be organised and moderated.
- Provide the outcomes of the session (max 50 words)
- Motivate if you would want additional time (additional sessions) beyond the 1hour 45minutes.
- Indicate a partner organisation (if any).
- The deadline for proposal submissions is September 15, 2017.