The 2019 Seeds of Change: Gender equality through agricultural research for development conference will take place at the University of Canberra, Australia, in April 2019.
The interdisciplinary conference is aimed at researchers and practitioners in all fields of agriculture (including food/commodity/cash crops, subsistence/semi-subsistence sectors, supply chains, forestry, fisheries, and water management).
The organizers invite presentations on the following topics:
- Gender and equity for nutritious and healthy food systems
- Gender, agricultural productivity and rural transformation
- Cultivating equality: bringing evidence from the field to close the agricultural gender gap
- Men, masculinity and changing rural economies
- Labour and production relations
- Gender integration in agri-food systems research for development
Submissions are welcome from academics, practitioners and students. A small number of authors will be invited to contribute to a peer-refereed post-conference publication.
Deadline for submission: November 1, 2018