Moscow Winter Academy on Age-Structured Modeling and Management of Biological and Economic Resources 2018 (MWA 2018) invites a new generation of scientists – master students, PhD students and early career scientists with the doctoral degree from around the world – to study contemporary concepts of the management of natural and economic resources and to engage in discussions of methodological and applied challenges in this field.
Event details: MWA2018, 3-6 February 2018, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Application deadline: December 25, 2017
More information and register: http://agora.guru.ru/mwa2018
This event focuses on approaches to mathematical modeling of age- and size-structured population dynamics and control, including the following aspects:
- Biological and economic foundations of age- and size-structured models of renewable resources
- Discrete- and continuous-time models, and the relation between them
- Existence and uniqueness of solutions
- Major facts from the theory of optimal control of distributed systems described by first-order equations
- Numerical methods
- Applications to fish and tree populations
- Applications to economic growth models with vintage capital
The co-organizers are
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU), Moscow, Russia
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Laxenburg, Austria
- University of Oslo (UiO), Oslo, Norway
MWA 2018 consists of an educational program and a workshop. The educational program includes three days of lectures and seminars given by recognized scientists in the field.
The total load is 32 academic hours.
Applicants are expected to fill out the registration form available at MWA2018 web-site.