“Recent trends in climate sciences, adaptation and mitigation” is the title of the SISC Sixth Annual Conference, taking place on October 17th-19th, 2018 at the Scientific Campus of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Venezia-Mestre, Italy.
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
More information: https://www.sisclima.it/conferenza-annuale-2018/?lang=en
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Topics of interest for submission include:
- Global carbon and other biogeochemical cycles and feedbacks
- Future global climate: scenario-based projections and near-term information
- Polar climate
- The Earth’s energy budget, climate feedbacks, and climate sensitivity
- Weather and climate extreme events in a changing climate
- Linking global to regional climate change
- Mitigation pathways compatible with near- to long-term goals
- Demand, services and social aspects of mitigation
- National and sub-national policies and institutions
- Innovation, technology development and transfer
- Emissions trends and drivers
- Climate change in the Mediterranean Region (NextData project)
- Climate services: role, application, value, challenges and opportunities for market development
- Challenges for climate change adaptation in the post Paris world
SISC supports young scientists providing a limited number of participation grants of EUR 250 each. Grants winners are exempt from the payment of the Conference registration fee.
Abstracts submitted to both oral and poster sessions are eligible for participation grants. Priority will be given to PhD students and post-docs who have received the PhD title within the last 4 years. Grant application has to be requested during the abstract submission. Applicants will be requested to submit a CV. Deadline for applications: May 31st, 2018. Notifications of grants acceptance will be sent by August, 2018.