The annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff.
The YSSP provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article
Who should apply?
- PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- working on a field compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- with a wish to explore the policy implications of your workApplicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).
How to apply?
The online application form and more information are available here.
Registrations for the 2018 program are being accepted from 3 October 2017 – 11 January 2018.